Forms You Will Need To Submit To Obtain A Virginia Contractor's License
There are a number of forms you must complete & submit before obtaining your Virginia Contractor's License, and some depend upon the Class you are applying for.
Financial Statement Form or Surety Bond Form
- Class A and Class B applicants will complete ONE of these forms to demonstrate the business’s financial stability.
• If you submit the Financial Statement Form, Class A applicants must demonstrate a Net Worth of at least $45,000. Class B applicants must demonstrate a Net Worth of at least $15,000.
o You must include documentation to verify every number on the financial statement OR submit an audited financial statement from a CPA. It will take longer for yourapplication to be approved if you submit the Financial Statement form because the DPOR will research every number on the form.
Experience Verification Form
- Every business, A, B, C, will complete one form for EACH Qualified Individual
License Application Form
- Every business, A, B, C, applying for a NEW contractor license will submit this form
Change of Designated Employee or Qualified Individual
- If your business already has a contractor license and YOU ARE NOT changing the legal structureof the business, this is the form you will submit.